Friday, August 23, 2013

Ice Cream at Aker Brygge

Aker Brygge is a nice place to go to when the weather is sunny and warm. I really like walking next to the sea (today, some people were even bathing in it) and when I go there, I like to stop at Parad'is.



The name is of course playing with the words: "paradis" means "paradise" and "is" means "ice cream". Some kind of Parad'ice.

The ice creams there are Italian, the staff speaks Italian, and the shop is perfectly situated in Aker Brygge, next to Wendy's coffee, towards the end of the dock (towards the Astrup Fearnley museum). I can hear people around me say "let's go for an ice cream". They know this place too.

I didn't dare take pictures inside the shop but here is the ice cream I went for today:


The taste was called Konsert ("concert") and had white chocolate, black cherry, nuts and chocolate bits. A real taste of paradise.

For info, their green apple and lemon flavors are less sweet than generally and a bit more acid. I like it this way (tastes more "authentic") but you may dislike it if you are used to very sweet ice creams.

No comments:

Post a Comment